The original Museum, a 2-story Victorian house built for Herman B. Foster in 1893, was purchased in 2002 and renovated with financial assistance in the form of a grant from the Johnson County Heritage Trust Fund. The grand opening was held in 2003. It also includes a chicken house that was opened to the public at a later date.
In 2010, the house directly behind the Museum was purchased, renovated and opened to the public in 2011. Built in 1952 for Bob & Doris Bray, it is reminiscent of the 1950's and 1960's. It houses our research materials, including family histories, school history and Olathe Naval Air Station history & memorabilia. It also provides administrative offices and storage.